Sunday 9 August 2009

Progress Reporting

It’s quite ironic that a weak point of mine, writing, is one of the main needs of the organisation I am working with. As their English skills are, well, still in the phase of being developed, they struggle to comprehensively report on their projects’ progress. When I first took out my camcorder to capture a group of youth welcoming us with song, the RDIS coordinator poked me in the shoulder and asked me to record as much I can so that they have better evidence of project progress. And this instigated his request for me to write reports on their projects as part of my role here. I’ll also attempt to help their staff on improving their report writing skills (as a more sustainable solution to this requirement). Improved reporting will allow increased donor confidence, better marketing and raised project awareness. Let’s see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment