Sunday 9 August 2009

English Teaching Progress

I already completed two weeks of teaching English! This week, due to other activities, I didn’t teach every day, and strangely enough I actually found myself wanting to go back to my classes. Not really because I like the teaching aspect that much, but because I’m missing the children and they appreciate every single class so much that you kind of feel you want to give them all you can.
I’ve found a new strategy with my advanced class. I give them a topic and then we discuss it in the class, with me chipping in helping them to say what they want to say. This gives them all the opportunity to practice talking and I learn new things about the country at the same time. The Rwanda Vision 2020 (our last point of discussion) is quite interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment