Saturday 19 September 2009

Implementing performance monitoring across RDIS projects

During last week, I visited the different regions that RDIS operates in and worked with the members of staff to understand and implement the performance monitoring model I proposed.
I realised that office work has little priority when it comes to field workers and struggled even just to get them in front of the computer. But when we eventually sat down, I knew they grasped the way of thinking I tried to promote.

A bonus was that the Tearfund representative of Rwanda and Burundi heard about my model and visited me to come and see what it was about. He agreed with the principles and aims to now promote this within other NGO’s in the two countries as well.

In between hard work and long days, I got to see many more very interesting projects, meet amazing Rwandese, hear the word Muzongo (white person) a thousand times from energetic children, and spend time in the beautiful countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment