Monday 3 August 2009

Water Supply

The other day, we stayed at a Guest House on our visit to a project. I was quite impressed with the standard, but little did I know that water supply is still a problem for everyone. I only realised it when I took a shower during the morning peak time. I was standing there, all soaped up, when the water suddenly stopped. I actually felt ashamed when I found myself praying for just a little bit more water to rinse myself because I realised that most out there don’t even have showers to start off with. But I still did long for that bit of water because I wasn’t exactly looking forward to going through the day with a soapy body and hence an itching bum. After a minute or two, a few more droplets trickled down. What a relief! How we get dependant on such basic things so heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment