Monday 3 August 2009

Teachers Help Please!

I’m a bit thrown in to the deep en here – now delivering two English classes a day for up to 90min each! Everyone wants to learn English as they regard it as their key to knowledge. So the need is big and here I am, trying to help where I can but with very little skill in this area. These lot are any teacher’s dream, but any non-teacher’s fear … when I end off the class, they just keep sitting wanting to learn more, or run after me as I leave to get a few more words in with me.

I’m taking the beginners in the morning and the advanced English students in the afternoon, which means they can speak broken sentences at least. BUT I’ve got no teaching training and very little experience, so I’m ‘phoning my friends’ and calling on all teachers to PLEASE send me some advice, tips, ideas or anything that will help!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have a think and get back to you Leanne, but teaching in Africa is different to here. Your students are hungry to learn, you just have to be yourself and trust God to give you inspiration too. Don't worry about how you feel as your students won't notice if you make a mistake. Here we have to try hard to keep the kids attention and make every lesson interesting and new, you students are already hanging onto your every word. I'll email you some ideas. Vicki

    ReplyDelete