Sunday 27 September 2009

Full on till completion

My last week was quite jam-packed trying to get all my little projects finished off properly before I leave, in between visiting friends and colleagues for the last time, go for runs and walks on my favourite routes, eat as much I can of my favourite food, ‘slurp’ing in as much I can of African sun and finishing the last of my books I brought with.
A few things I’ve been working on for a while came to conclusion:
- The compilation of a 10 page newsletter, RDIS’ second addition
- The production of another dvd with my video recordings on RDIS’ work in various projects
- The completion and distribution of my guide to monitoring performance in development projects

I’m satisfied with what I got accomplished during the 10 weeks, and especially as leaders from different communities expressed their appreciation just before I left. I only hope that where I sowed words of ‘consultancy’, it won’t be buried in note books and locked in drawers, but that it will be planted on the land of the poorest and erupt to make a difference.

But this is not the end, I’m afraid. Nothing annoys me more than being introduced to problems and not doing something about it. And of course rural Rwanda still faces ginormous challenges. So I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve which I’m going to try get off the ground … at God’s timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment